Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock is adding a Second Shift, Group Lead for our Bogie/Girder Welding production line. In this exciting role, your primary responsibility will be to support, motivate and train the production core team members to meet production goals. You will be the primary leadership contact for a diverse high producing team and will strive to ensure the team is proficient, safe, and productive.
What you will be doing?
- Defining key production work steps, sequences, and durations and setting up work scope per station or per cell basis.
- Preparing Standardized work instructions
- Coordinating work schedules in coordination with operational goals
- Implementing manufacturing improvements, complex process changes, and technology changes
- Providing critical process control guidance to production, maintenance, and quality control to improve the dimensional accuracy and overall quality of our products.
- Ensuring all safety measure are followed
- You will also work within the production line. Workload will be 50% production and 50% administrative work.
What you will need to be successful
- 2 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience leading a diverse team in a production environment
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- High School Graduate
We would be impressed if you had:
- Work experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail, heavy rail, or related production, is needed.
- Knowledge of SAP systems is highly desired.
- 5 years of MIG /TIG welding
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work and Diversity List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.