Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility Customer Service is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and self-driven Senior Project Manager to handle the technical support services for the Next-Gen Inter City Trainsets. You will lead the maintenance project through the mobilization and execution phase and will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements from the customer contract. If you have led large and sophisticated projects in the same or similar industries and can lead a cross-functional team, we'd love to invite you to apply!
This role works with the Project Director, who provides functional supervision and sets out targets to be achieved. The incumbent will have broad autonomy to reach the result. You will be fully responsible for the results of the Service Project (Budget, Schedule, Quality) with oversight of EHS in the project.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for profit & loss for the maintenance contract.
- Supervise profit and loss trends and outcomes of assigned project(s)
- Lead discussions and negotiations around changes in scope, cost, and schedule - identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans.
- Drive the project schedule for service mobilization, project milestones, material delivery, and acceptance.
- Initiate strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for service startups.
- Promote a Zero Harm culture at Siemens Mobility through the development, implementation, review, and communication of EH&S Policies and Procedures at the local level.
- Drive modification planning (also comprises the requirements for material and staff for modifications and improvements).
- Prepare and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Track and optimize the defined KPIs from the service contract throughout the project (reliability, availability, safety, etc.).
- Ensure field data acquisition and data analysis during maintenance and overhaul.
- Monitor the delivery of maintenance services and take appropriate actions to preserve contract performance.
- Ensure departmental procedures and documentation are reviewed, current, and successfully executed within the project.
- Responsible for appropriate actions or escalation in the event of incidents within the Service organization.
- Optimally communicate and manage project expectations to team members and partners in a timely and transparent fashion.
- Define the requirements and the strategy to achieve the goals of the project and individual sub-projects.
- Implement the legal or contractual requirements in the maintenance plant and ensure that the requirements for partners and suppliers are considered.
- Oversee the overall schedule for the project milestones and relevant deadlines.
- Prepare the project goal matrix for the core team members.
- Release the customer documentation (e.g., maintenance documentation, spare parts catalog, special tools documentation.)
- Generate synergies by using standard functions and resources in the project, e.g.:
- Procurement, change, and schedule management
- Contract management, training, engineering
- Cooperation in the commissioning/warranty phase, infrastructure (depot)
- Verify that service-specific requirements are contained in the contracts with suppliers
- Participate in the readiness checks and First Article Inspections of the lead project
- Demonstrated ability in Sales or Project Management and, as a minimum, in another functional area like Service, Commissioning or Engineering / Development in international Service or Plant Business (preferred in Railway Business.)
- Sound knowledge of maintenance management, familiarity with the locomotive industry, equipment, terminology, and regulatory obligations.
- Good understanding of digitalization and automation.
- Full responsibility for project results in cross-organizational projects (≥ 3 years of managing large projects in the role of fully responsible project manager – or equivalent responsibility for sub-projects)
- Siemens-specific PM tools and methods, Project Management Professional (PMP®), or other Project Management methodology and terminology.
- ≥ 3 years of leadership experience managing a PM core team ≥ with six members
- Intercultural experience and collaboration with international Project Teams.
- Strategic Management and Business Planning
- Project Acceleration by Coaching & Teamwork
- Early involvement and supplier integration
- Coaching Skills for Leadership
- Conflict management – understanding and dealing with conflict
- International communication and cooperation for Global Players
- Completed a technical study (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent technical graduation.
- PMP® or PM@Siemens certified or able to get certification within twelve months of hire.
- Completed Project Management Training
The preferred candidate will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning, or another rail-related experience and a certified project manager.Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Senior Project Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.