Position Title: Manager, R&D – Russelectric, a Siemens Company, Hingham, MA
Location: Hingham, MA
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Industry is looking for a Manager of R&D for their Russelectric products to work out of the Hingham, MA location. In this role you will be responsible for product and technology development for the Russelectric portfolio. You will lead product development projects for Low & Medium Voltage Automatic Transfers Switches, Low Voltage Bypass Switches, Low & Medium Voltage Paralleling Switchgear and Low Voltage Controlgear while working closely with Russelectric Product Management to ensure product and portfolio roadmaps are complete for the next three to five years. This role is responsible for leading teams to develop products for the future that will drive future revenue, lower cost, improve supply chain resiliency, improve manufacturability, improve market share, and/or comply with industry standards. This role will report to the Director of R&D and Technology for the Russelectric segment in the Electrical Products business unit of Siemens Infrastructure and will manage both Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and coordinate with additional offshore Engineering resources.
- Ensure product development teams follow appropriate design practices, follow necessary PLM process steps, and meet industry and regulatory requirements including UL Standards, the National Electrical Code, IEEE Standards, ANSI Standards, Canadian Standards Association, NEMA Standards, and utility requirements.
- Manage resources to maximize output from R&D teams while maintaining domain expertise in each product area under the responsibility of this position.
- Prioritize projects with input from product management, manufacturing, and standards organizations.
- Support internal and external customers with product and technical expertise as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS Engineering Degree required; Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Electrical Power Products industry.
- 5+ years leading a team of technical professionals.
- Strong knowledge of UL style electrical distribution products and solutions.
- Prior experience with codes and standards organizations including UL, CSA, NOM, NEC, IEEE, ANSI NEMA, and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Engineering CAD tools is required. Familiarity with Pro-E Creo Mechanical CAD, Zuken E3 Electrical CAD, Teamcenter Product Data Management and SAP Material Resource Planning System preferred.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems including routings, bill of materials, sheet metal punching, bending, welding, painting, plating, assembling, wiring, and testing.
- Proficient with MS-Office applications.
- Detail oriented, analytical thinker combined with strong organizational skills.
- Team oriented personality who can support multiple projects simultaneously from multiple product development teams.
- Ability to motivate and engage others to deliver results.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to resolve issues.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Travel required will be less than 15%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible PTO/vacation.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.