Position Title: R&D Components Engineering Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
- Provides Engineering leadership, management, and vision for EP Residential Circuit protection design development projects.
- Plans and directs all aspects of Development Engineering activities in their group and across associated R&D departments.
- Leads research, development, and implementation of products in support of future product needs. Coordinates and collaborates with other R&D departments as needed based on project priorities.
- Drives Agile Engineering methods throughout all R&D processes.
- Responsible for quality, timeliness and costs of all development projects, Product Roadmaps, coordination with Product Management and manufacturing implementation in multiple production sites.
- Develops direct reports through leadership and growth mindset development strategies.
- Works collaboratively across the EP NA business to develop robust and innovative product roadmaps.
- Plans and allocates resources and budgets to Engineering projects or activities.
- Drives full integration of design practices, simulation and development processes across multiple departments and sites. This includes not only procedural harmonization but best practice, tool usage, resource sharing, and actual daily practice.
- Ensures compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness of the engineering group.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable standards, testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum education requirement = BS in ME or EE disciplines
- 8+ years of design/development of electro/mechanical products
- Travel required but <20%
- Experience designing circuit breakers, electrical switches, relays, or other electrical control devices is strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge and application of investigative research and analysis
- Creativity in organizational approaches to engineering solutions/issues
- Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field
- The ability to relate well and establish credibility with employees and executive management.
- Demonstrated excellent performance and documented high potential for future assignments at senior levels.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS EE/ME with data communication
- R&D management experience
- Development experience with electrical power control devices
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.