Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
We are looking to offer you a great career!
This will be a remote and work from home position.
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and ambitious engineering professional to grow our Building Automation business in vertical markets such as Industrial/Commercial Buildings, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities. This position is critical to our sales success!Position Overview:
The Automation Estimator position reports to an Automation Team Leader in National Operations Center supporting the growth and sales efficiency of the Sales Team covering the US. In this role, this individual will primarily focus on estimating, pricing, and generating proposals, which ultimately will drive growth of the business.What we offer you:
We offer excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment. The position offers flexibility to work at home or the closet local office to you.Responsibilities:
- Provide and prepare sales estimates for Solutions and Service Automation projects.
- Increase sales and ensure the target profitability
- Keep current on market business and product trends
- Work with operations, service, procurement, finance, legal, admins and other inside/outside resources (sub-contractors, suppliers) as needed to obtain and close estimates
- Participate in sales meetings, professional association seminars and workshops
- Prepare electrical scope for estimates and RFQ submission
- Review estimates with operations and sales
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree / College diploma in building mechanical engineering or other technical fields related to building Automation
- Require a High School Degree or GED
- Good understanding of technical solutions and communication protocols associated with building control systems
- Proven knowledge of Commercial HVAC products
- Proven knowledge of controls systems and products
- Lighting estimating experience is preferred
- Proven track record to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for building automation systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the controls industry, fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimator roles from other segments of the electrical or mechanical industry.
- Ability to learn technical and financial estimating tools
- Strong time management and leadership skills and self-motivation
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer proficiency
- Available to travel on job site if required
- Preferred experience: Three to five years of crafting Automation systems.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.