Siemens Cybersecurity Defense is a global organization within Siemens consisting of regionally aligned teams across Germany, Portugal, Spain, United States, Mexico, and China. The mission of the organization is to proactively identify anomalies, respond and remediate Cybersecurity issues related to IT infrastructure, Operational Technology (OT), and products of Siemens.
The Cyber Defense Center offers security monitoring and threat detection services. The main objective of the CDC is to attempt to keep Siemens protected by preventing the materialization of threats and minimizing any adverse reputational and financial impact. The CDC portfolio enables identification and initial response to a range of threat actors, from commodities to nation state-backed actors.
As the frontline resource for monitoring, detecting, alerting, hunting, and responding to threat actors – the CDC provides deep expertise in defending against a wide range of threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures.
What are my responsibilities?
- Perform threat detection and analysis using multiple kinds of data sources
- Review adversaries’ tactics, techniques, procedures and threat data to develop use-cases for attack detection
- Cooperate with the infrastructure team to further develop the Cyber Defense Center detection capabilities
- Support threat hunting using multiple kinds of data sources, and develop detection analytics
- Research and simulate adversaries’ tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Review threat data from various sources, develop custom signatures and use-cases for attack detection
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 3+ years professional experience in security monitoring/security operations center environment (SOC), investigating security events, handling incidents, threats and/or vulnerabilities
- Good understanding of enterprise detection & response, network traffic analysis and intrusion detection
- In-depth knowledge of operating system internals
- Knowledge of digital forensics and malware analysis
- Experience penetration testing / Red Teaming is appreciated
- Good understanding of cyber security landscape, and TTPs.
- Working knowledge of SIEM platforms with experience in use case development
- Development skills (scripting or high-level programming languages)
- Knowledge sharing and mentor mindset
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- University degree in computer science, IT security or related fields and cybersecurity certifications are a plus (GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GCTI, GREM or similar)
- Proficient in written and spoken English combined with good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time