Strengthen your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking, and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated Product Manager for Siemens Digital Industries Software with a good understanding of IC design verification and semiconductor industry trends. The Siemens Digital Industries Software portfolio enables customers to build a comprehensive digital twin, which blurs the boundaries between virtual and physical, hardware and software, as well as design and manufacturing worlds.
This position is for Siemens Mentor IC (formerly known as Mentor) the leading provider of electronic design automation software that allows customers to develop most cost-effective electronics systems, components, and products. Siemens Mentor IC product portfolio includes an array of world-class solutions that enable faster time-to-market and increased flexibility for semiconductor companies to realize innovation with first silicon success targeted for Cloud, mobile, HPC and mission critical applications.
The Product Management role is a broad one. We are looking for product business aspirants who can scale in perspective from strategic vision development with direct interaction with the senior leadership team, to tactical product development ultimately aligning with business objectives. A Product Manager is the primary business owner for their product area. Their goal is to maximize the product’s net present value by maximizing the value delivered to well-defined market segments. Doing so requires developing and executing realistic strategies to earn customers’ budgets relative to the competition. A successful Product Manager brings technical expertise, as well as strong business acumen, and customer obsession. They have the drive and ability to understand market trends and customer requirements and translate that into products. Motivation to showcase the value of the product to the world and the desire to have an industry-wide impact is essential. If you want to ultimately become a product manager, the ability to getting your internal teams and your clients excited about a path forward is key.
This position is for products dedicated to analog and mixed signal circuit simulation, characterization, and integration in custom design flows. You will work with teams that have delivered iconic circuit simulation products in EDA history. You will work as a key part of a cross-functional core team together with R&D and product engineering to deliver overall product success working with the sales and field support teams. This position requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications and user stories, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets, as well as analyzing costs/benefits of feature selection.
This position is for the Analog Mixed-Signal Verification business unit of Siemens Mentor IC.
· Maximize product success as measured by product revenue and adoption
· Define, validate, and prioritize target market requirements, and work directly with customers/partners to identify unmet needs
· Work with development teams to define product roadmap and solutions that meet market requirements and outperform the competition, while minimizing time-to-market
· Develop and execute product campaigns such as new product launches and targeted market segment proliferation campaigns
· Anticipate bottlenecks, identify opportunities, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints
· Enable field and sales channel success with effective sales training and support
· Perform competitive analysis and issue internal competitive response bulletins
· Perform consumer research and summarize user insights and feedback to aid product plans
· Develop high-quality marketing content (e.g., website content, collateral, presentations)
· Support corporate marketing, partnership programs, and application development
· Present product updates to customers and build relationships
· Be the trusted speaker for the product with internal and external stakeholders
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5 or more of years EDA product/technical marketing, or experience in customer-facing engineering roles. MBA is a strong plus
· Experience in providing EDA tools for semiconductor companies (engineering experience at semiconductor companies is a plus)
· Understanding of integrated circuits and their verification methodologies is a strong plus
· Experience in coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
· Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
· Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
· Analytical acumen and proficiency in generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
· Experience in defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
· Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
· Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
· Ability to interface with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
· Ability to think outside the box to locate complicated problems to solve
· Experience with Project management tools
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.