Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare as well as providing infrastructure solutions, primarily for cities and metropolitan areas. Siemens Factory Automation business unit is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. Our extensive product range includes industrial automation systems, SCADA systems, safety systems and an extensive range of software solutions.
Develop what will be important tomorrow in Asia Pacific! As business developer for future markets, you are the first to leave a footprint in a new market. Your mission is to explore new and adjacent markets for automation and software products. Understand the challenges of potential customers in emerging automation markets and develop solutions, based on our existing but also future portfolio, to meet those challenges ahead.
Describe the main duties and responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for the evaluation, assessment, and creation of first customer entry points into potential future automation markets
- You will identify pilot customers and regions in Asia Pacific, together with local sales organizations, you will be working on new customers and create first reference projects and share in the global community
- Your focus will be on the identification of new markets, evaluation of business potential and development of a broad market strategy
- Driving the developing of relevant applications and solutions, based on our existing portfolio but also identifying portfolio gaps and new technologies, are an essential part of the role
- In addition, you will be working together with marketing on the creation of use-cased based marketing material
- Furthermore, you will be supporting our technology and innovation colleagues on validating the business potential of new technologies and provide a sales perspective on technological trends
- You will be responsible to drive the global implementation of developed Sales concepts and business model
- Lastly you will be a team member of a global community to identify cross regional new market trends and industries and foster global exchange and collaboration between hubs, regions and customers in our communities
Describe the qualifications, essential skills & employment experience required to be held:
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a good to excellent understanding of Industrial Automation as well as a passion for future technologies and Sales approach. You have passion for exploring the new and unknown, questioning our routines and rethink the existing. Driving things forward and taking things into your own hands is just the way you work. You do not wait for something to happen, but you take initiative, you transform “it looks interesting” into concrete opportunities and pave the path to new business fields. You value customer engagement and enjoy working in a global setup. You must be able to communicate effectively in English language and be able to build strong relationships at all levels internally and within customer organizations. However, further language skills are much appreciated.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time