Senior Software Engineer - Train Control (Software)
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
As a Senior Software Engineer - Train Control Software, you will be responsible developing control software for our innovative rail vehicles. Your task, and responsibilities are as follows:
- Definition of system requirements and system interface specifications for vehicle control.
- You design and implement software components in alignment with the guidelines for safety-relevant software systems
- Monitoring and review of design documents generated and get approval from customer.
- You must control, assign work within internal and external team members
- Analysing diagnostic information, bug fixing and defining new control logics to improve the vehicle performance.
- Expertise in locomotive/ Train control is essential to create and deliver solutions to improve existing products.
- Your tasks include coordinating the specification with customers, sub-suppliers and other system suppliers.
- You should conduct training sessions for customer and service colleagues.
- You are responsible for monitoring and support during field validation.
- You are responsible to ensure that all software development, release, and maintenance processes are followed.
- You present the work results internally and externally.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 10 years along with bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronics, Computer’s engineering
- You must have experience in managing a team of 4-5 engineers.
- Domain knowledge of locomotive/ train control, testing and commissioning.
- Experience in working with MVB, WTB, Ethernet communication protocols. Knowledge of TRDP would be added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of requirement engineering is prerequisite.
- Basic understanding of standards such as IEC 50128, IEC 61131, IEC 61375 etc.
- Good communication and presentation skill completes your profile.
- You should demonstrate strong teamwork and able to guide peers to bring out required results
- Good Communication Skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time