Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Join our team as “Business Development Specialist (m/f/d) - Power Electronics / Electronics & Semiconductor, Simcenter Fluid & Thermal Domain” at the preferred German locations: Frankenthal, Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Stuttgart or at these European locations: Madrid (Spain), Lyon (France) and London (United Kingdom).
The role is committed to the Business Development Team within the Fluid & Thermal Domain, part of the Simulation and Test Solutions divisions of Siemens Digital Industries Software. The team consists of individuals who are responsible for owning the business strategy for their industry segment. This individual will have a focus on Power Electronics within the Electronics & Semiconductor Industry whilst interacting across other industries including transportation, marine. aerospace etc.
This team develops solutions to customer problems by working with the Industry Team to build and capture value. This entails working with the sales, marketing, and product management teams, as well as senior management. Along with customer engagements to drive the business forward.
Key performance indicators for the position include revenue growth from the industry, and development and execution of a strategic business plan for the fluid and thermal domain.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
Supporting the sales and marketing teams to drive business for Simcenter in the Fluid and Thermal Domain focused on Power Electronics in the Electronics & Semiconductor Industry. This includes:
- Collaborating and coordinating with other teams within the Simulation & Test segment, across the Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Developing sales and marketing collateral in support of Fluid and Thermal Domain industry sales initiatives.
- Enabling the sales team.
- Visiting and addressing customers, and at dedicated events and conferences.
Helping to bring value, by identifying and quantifying market opportunities, and how to realize them (e.g., to buy, build or partner). This involves:
- Applying the existing capabilities of the Simcenter Fluid & Thermal Domain toolset (Flotherm, FLOEFD, STAR-CCM+, Culgi, Nextflow) into complete applications and solutions for the current and future challenges in the industry.
- Identifying and quantifying market opportunities as a guidance to Product and Senior management.
- Working with Product Management to elaborate product roadmaps.
- Working with Siemens Digital Industries Software teams and Academic Partners to identify and validate mid-to-long term needs.
What do you need to realize what matters.
- 5 years’ experience in a technical business development, product management or technical sales role
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- Understanding of the global semiconductor industry, power electronics and the electronics cooling domain (tools and applications, manufacturers, users, use cases, issues, trends).
- Shown background in CAD/CAE/Electronics technologies and knowledge of the CAD/CAE/Electronics ecosystem (vendors, competition)
- Ability to effectively transfer product capabilities into industry and application specific communication that highlights the value proposition of a solution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills.
- A self-starter able to work in a globally distributed organization.
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative distributed team, with a focus on excellence.
- Global travel up to 30% - approximately 15% within the US, 15% rest of the world.
What do you preferably bring with you.
- MBA would be ideal
- Demonstrate strategic business or project planning and execution experience (able to develop and drive long term business or project plans).
- Completed professional Sales Training
- Experience with Challenger Sales approach
- Product management experience
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mrs. Eva Kaiser.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's cultivate a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time