Product Director (Space Intelligence)
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
You may have noticed major changes taking place around how companies and their employees use physical spaces moving forward. Hybrid working models are becoming the standard, office spaces will get smaller and more flexible, and there will be a greater focus on in-person collaborative space.
And any time there is a seismic shift in an industry like this, there are a ton of new problems to solve and opportunities to create meaningful solutions. Comfy | Enlighted is at the center of this “new normal,” with the backing of our parent company Siemens, and working with Fortune 500 companies around the world.
This role will own Comfy | Enlighted’s Space Intelligence Data Solutions, which provides customers with intelligence leveraging IoT and application data helping our customers answer critical business decisions regarding the operation of their physical spaces. Our data comes from a variety of sources – IoT sensors, end user apps, and partners. This role will manage the ingestion of this data as well as the transformation needed to provide customers with value-add intelligence in formats that meets users where they’re at and answers their critical operational questions. You’ll manage this solution end-to-end and be responsible for a key element in Comfy | Enlighted’s product strategy. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
What will you do?
As part of our product management team, you will:
- Serve as a key interface between our Product team (which includes Engineering and UX / Design) and our customer-facing teams (including Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Customer Success).
- Define common workflow requirements by learning from our customers, creating documentation and working closely with our UX and engineering teams to align your learnings with user experience best practices.
- Define priorities and roadmap which aligns with our holistic product vision and delivers significant value to our users, customers, and partners
- Explore and prioritize competitive differentiating features that provide a unique value proposition.
- Perform continued market research of competing data solutions.
- Support implementation of pricing strategies that can meaningfully grow our revenue streams.
- Help define user experience and actionable insights for our customers, ranging from building operators and heads of businesses to developers and external software/hardware partners.
- Partner with go-to-market teams to launch new features and support new roll outs.
- Constantly gather and prioritize feedback, both internal and external.
- Support the documentation and training needs of the organization
- Lead, mentor, and grow a small team of product managers reporting into you
As part of our product team, you will also:
- Contribute to our team culture of learning, growth, and collaboration
- Define and measure success metrics for Data Services.
- Define scope and requirements for expanding the features and functionality of our Data Service solutions
- Vet business value and prioritize expansion into new use cases, verticals, and personas.
- Own and drive development and oversight of the components necessary to make our Data strategy a success.
- Work with Comfy | Enlighted’s team of data scientists and data engineers to apply artificial intelligence techniques in order to enhance, improve, create, and shape our platform products and value we deliver to customers.
What will you need to succeed?
- You have 5+ years of Product Management or Data/Platform engineering experience working with SaaS software / analytics / big data related technologies.
- You have experience leading a team of product managers
- Ideally you bring domain expertise with space utilization product development: you understand how to use data to spoon-feed recommendations for decisions about space: especially right-sizing & right-typing
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping products, especially APIs and data solutions.
- Proven track record working with your end users, customer service, analytics, and user research to continually improve the quality and impact of your products.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.