As a Risk & Internal Controls (RIC) Specialist, you will play an integral role in the RIC system, which includes the following core elements…
Governance is the framework of rules and practices by which an organization is managed.
Assurance is the method of regularly monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of policies and operations and the status of compliance. If assurance results indicate that the existing internal controls are inappropriate, then adequate corrective action must be taken.
Risk management is the set of processes through which management identifies, assesses and, where necessary, responds appropriately to risks and opportunities. This is done with the help of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) system.
Siemens’ RIC system is designed to manage risks and opportunities within the company. Having an effective RIC system is important because it is a major factor in creating and protecting value for Siemens’ stakeholders. For example, the RIC system helps ensure that the organization’s assets are safeguarded, financial reporting is reliable, and laws and regulations are complied with.
In this position, you will work within the exciting Siemens Digital Industries Software business unit and support the RIC system for its global operations including nearly 100 legal entities worldwide. You will report to the Risk & Internal Controls Manager, within the Global Finance organization.
A quote from the RIC Specialist who was recently promoted into a new position… ”The RIC Specialist role gave me a great foundation to learn our business. I collaborated with many managers on internal control topics and had frequent interactions with our senior management team. This role allowed me to grow my career and progress within the organization.”
- Learn and apply Siemens RIC methodology
- Perform risk-based scoping exercises and assessments (e.g., identifying significant accounts, fraud risks to be considered, etc.)
- Train nominees (called “independent assessors”) responsible for the testing of internal controls
- Coach independent assessors and review their testing results to ensure quality
- Ensure accuracy of conclusions regarding internal controls and related deficiencies
- Report deficiencies and related status updates into all levels of management
- Support the respective CFOs in establishing an effective risk and internal control system in
their area of responsibility.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals across all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good critical-thinking skills to gather the relevant, available data and make informed decisions
- Proficiency in accounting systems and spreadsheets
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CMA, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Prior work experience (2-6 years desired) with within an audit, internal controls, and/or finance environment
We realize there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We are looking forward to reading your application!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time