Small Works Manager
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Small Works Manager to deliver fast high-quality small works projects (small works up to £85k) to all stakeholders on time, within cost whilst maintaining margins and keeping outstanding debt to a minimum. The role will focus on works for fire systems and security systems including CCTV and Access Control. As a Small Works Manager, you will co-ordinate with clients and manage the quoting, design, installation and commissioning elements of the projects.
What will you deliver?
- Responsible for client enquiries and providing quotations on both fire and security systems. Gain clear understanding of customer requirements – either from the staff members or visit sites to carry out technical surveys as required.
- Responsible for financial forecasting including quoted works, orders received and invoicing for all works.
- Responsible for pipeline management, ensuring your pipeline grows in accordance with your targeted sales plan.
- Proactive use of salesforce as a CRM tool.
- Working closely with the account manager for the area to ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Fully manage the scope of works for the duration of the project, carrying out variation management, quality checks on installation and health & safety audits.
- Communicate job progress/performance to client, ensuring works are carried out to the specification.
- Responsible for ensuring all problems during project delivery are solved effectively keeping high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for generating risk and method statements, ensuring all works are being carried out in accordance with Siemens H&S guidelines.
- Actively managing approved Siemens Sub Contractors and Siemens engineers to carryout works.
- Working closely with all areas of the business to ensure works are managed and delivered in accordance with Siemens small works processes.
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Previous experience of using salesforce as a CRM tool.
- Proven ability of financial forecasting & reporting, pipeline management & generation.
- Proven experience of meeting financial targets to an agreed sales plan.
- Experience of subcontractor management both operational and financial.
- Project Management & commissioning experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the fire industry standards to latest version of BS 5839.
- Knowledge of the security industry, specifically CCTV and access control.
- Experience within a customer facing role.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Able to motive a team insuring deadlines are met.
- Ability to resolve problems and challenges quickly and effectively.
- Health and safety qualification (i.e. IOSH) would be an advantage but training will be given.
Travel & Location
There will be daily travel involved in this role to customer sites therefore you will need to have a full driving license and be prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve some overnight stays (this could be up to 2 nights per week on occasion) and may include travelling and working during unsociable hours.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time