Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens EDA is part of Siemens Digital Industries (DI) which is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as “Java Senior Software Development Engineer” and work from our office in Katowice, Poland or any of our other Siemens locations within Poland. We also consider a hybrid or remote working option, as well.
As a Java Senior Software Development Engineer, you will participate in developing breakthrough Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, which is used by our customers to build a variety of outstanding products, from smartphones to satellite systems. We believe in Agile development, so our teams are encouraged to be self-sufficient and perform without the classical management structure. Furthermore, these teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and grow as a professional.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you!
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Develop new functionalities and support the existing software solutions.
- Determine operational feasibility by analysing problem definitions, requirements, proposed solutions, and development options.
- Analyse requirements and contribute to all levels of the architecture.
- Participate in software design and code reviews, provide guidance to your teammates, and help develop new talents.
- Collaborate within and outside your Agile team in an international environment.
- Balance engineering creativity with high quality and customer focus.
- Be a problem solver, demonstrate tact, and remain assertive in difficult situations.
What do you need to realize what matters?
- Several years of software engineering experience
- Excellent Java / Java EE knowledge with significant professional experience in programming.
- Solid experience with client-server architecture.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle).
- Experience with Hibernate.
- Experience in working with containers (Docker).
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Experience with software testing.
- Experience in building sophisticated systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
What we offer?
We offer a competitive salary, which often outperforms the market standard, we offer private medical care and life insurance, free car parking in Katowice centre, flexible working hours with the option to work from home part of the time, free access to the fitness club and bicycle parking in the same building, modern work environment with chill out zones and free English lessons at work.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time