This position is for an IT Operations Project Manager who will join the Siemens Digital Exchange (S-DEX) team The S-DEX is Siemens’ ecommerce marketplace that seamlessly connects our customers (buyers) to catalogs of Siemens and third-party sellers’ software products and services, where customers can try products for free, easily purchase products and services, access and lead their accounts, and chat with sales representatives (US only).
A successful Operations Project Manager brings strong eye for IT system integration and customer obsession. They represent the voice of the S-DEX to its stakeholders, both sellers and buyers, working with these parties to efficiently guide them through their journeys on the S-DEX. This position requires excellent technical IT integration knowledge, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. Applicants should have experience defining and managing projects and working in a flawless and collaborative mode with various internal and external stakeholders. In addition, this position involves collecting requirements that may arise from sellers’ or buyers’ onboarding journeys, writing detailed specifications in Jira, coordinating with the S-DEX platform product owner and development teams to foster and realize stakeholder requirements.
The Operations Project Manager role is a broad one where a candidate is most successful if they can scale in perspective from strategic vision development to tactical project management tasks with prior IT implementation experience.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work directly with S-DEX stakeholders to handle their needs as they progress with their journeys to onboard their products to the S-DEX marketplace
- S-DEX stakeholders include internal Siemens DI SW business segments primarily, other Siemens business units, 3rd party sellers and end-customers of Siemens;
- S-DEX stakeholder journeys include seller onboarding, product/app onboarding, customer purchase of products on S-DEX, and other such interactions that typically occur on an online digital marketplace that connects buyers and sellers
- Open Jira stories and participate in Kanban agile process with QA and Content configuration teams for product onboarding and new feature implementation
- Work with product, program management and development team(s) to define solutions approaches and delivery schedules for new features
- Work with business ,QA analysts and Product Owners to define and validate specific scenarios as relevant to feature/product onboarding projects and facilitate User Acceptance Testing as required
- Anticipate bottlenecks, find opportunities, mitigate risk areas and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints
- Clearly and optimally communicate with all stakeholders including management
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, efficiency and output quality
- Participate in a scheduled on-call rotation to provide Tier 1 and 2 support for S-DEX customer support issues ranging from failed orders to delivery of software access
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience (MBA is a strong plus)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Customer support, Project Management and IT system integration
- Experience with an agile development context, Jira and opening stories
- Experience contributing to complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including effective stakeholder communications
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly fast paced and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Analytical acumen, and relief generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and problem solve that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders of varying technical abilities
- Experience with Salesforce.com and its B2BCommerce module is helpful
- Working understanding of ERP systems such as SAP a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.