Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
We have an exciting opportunity and are actively recruiting for a Sales Account Manager – Food & Beverage to join our team. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, you will covers the eastern region of Canada. This role is responsible for development and maximizing sales growth at targeted and assigned Food & Beverage Key Account (s) with a focus on Automation and Motion Control product portfolio but extending to all relevant Siemens businesses (Control Products, Low Voltage Products, Communication & Identification).
As a vital part of Siemens, the Sales Account Manager will bring their strategic, out of the box thinking to promote Siemens products. The successful candidate will be performance driven with a keen talent for building relationships at all levels including C Suite Management level. This role stretches across an International scope and requires solid process, time management and communication skills.
- Represents Siemens in all sales and strategic activities and acts as the trusted partner and advisor
- Support in generating international business including setup of Siemens long term goal for Food & Beverage Key Accounts combining the industry know-how and global account activities development and maintenance of the Food & Beverage Key Account Business Plans
- Increase the Siemens installed base in the Food & Beverage Industry in Canada by convincing Food & Beverage end users and Tier 1 suppliers to specify Siemens technology towards their machine builders, located worldwide and by strategically selling the Siemens value proposition
- Identify key levers and opportunities to maximize the Food & Beverage Key Accounts
- Achieve business KPIs as defined by the region
- Development interface between customers’ HQ with support of Corporate Account Managers and internal Siemens organization
- Feed customer requirements and Food & Beverage market needs back into Business Units to influence relevant Siemens strategy and portfolio development
- Owns responsibility for the development and implementation of the Account strategy
- Analyses Food & Beverage market and Customer requirements, develop strategy, value chain and key business drivers
- Evaluates the Key Account potential and account penetration to develop a short, mid and long term strategy
- Work closely with Siemens Corporate Account Manager (if applicable) to ensure Canada account strategy is in alignment to global account strategy
- Develop and maintain the Account Business Plan for targeted OEMs and end customers
- Prepare & monitor Key Account budget and forecast
- Continuously update the strategic and operational opportunities in CRM tool
- Coordinates and supports the creation of value based offers, including Total Cost of Ownership, Parts Management, Reducing Downtime, special price agreements and the alignment with (if any) global agreement.
- Create awareness on the Siemens deliverables (scope of products, solutions and services) according to Key Customer and market needs.
- Facilitate and leverage executive level relationship between Siemens and Key Customer
- Identify potential risks with (major) business impact and escalates as necessary
- Builds/maintains sustainable relationships with the appropriate Key Customer´s decision makers
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Key Account Management/Senior level Sales/business management experience
- Sales experience with Automation and Motion Control products used in the Food & beverage industry - Mandatory
- Solid industry and market knowledge in Food & Beverage is a must have
- Knowledge of overall Siemens Industrial portfolio is an asset
- Proven track record of successful performance as measured by generation of new orders, mainly in the Food & Beverage industry or equivalent market
- Sales driven, dynamic, entrepreneur, strong interpersonal and communication skill and ability to promote value and customer relationships
- Understands business plans and business development processes
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, ie: financial, strategic & tactical thinking
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team environment
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work successfully in a globally matrix organization
- Bilingual (French and English)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.