But this is just the beginning - We are continuously developing new answers for rail automation, often to questions that haven't been asked yet. We'd love to have you join our team and ask those questions!
We are seeking a full-time Proposal Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of managing our responses to sophisticated tenders, RFPs, unsolicited proposals, and related business development documents. This role will manage the complete process, data collection, and finance estimates, including the LOA process, contract administration and negotiations, and other business development activities. You will coordinate with the sales team, project managers, and business leads supporting our business from the New York, Pittsburgh, or Jacksonville offices - or a remote home office.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Develop, design, and complete customer proposals in technical aspects (Proposal Engineer).
- Analyze customers' technical setup to better judge product and solution integration aspects.
- Complete technical analyses and support the proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team.
- Manage respective sub-contractors.
- Create cost/price estimates considering the financial targets of the business
- Communicate with various internal partners to drive deadlines and deliver on schedule.
- Develop the financial workbook with input from partners.
- Coordinate the approval process according to the PM@Siemens guidelines.
- Run qualification calls and ensures that projects are handed over to the project execution team with all relevant documents.
- Gain a High-Level Functional Understanding of Products offered.
- BS in Business, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven working experience handling large ($50M+) RFPs, costing projects, and multi-million dollar bids.
- Knowledge of the Railway Infrastructure market.
- Experience in bid management processes, including the financial aspects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Travel requirement is estimated at 10% (team meetings and customer sites for bid presentations).
- Understanding of the Project Management process
- Sales and business development experience
- Experience with international and cross-border projects
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.