Join our team with Siemens Mobility as a Software Developer in our Freight Software Solutions organization. This role may require flexibility to travel (approximately 5%) to visit customers in Canada. This role will primarily support our Dispatch Control system in operational use with a Class 1 Railroad. You'll fix and remedy defects, implement new designs, and support customer requests, sometimes outside normal business hours.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Participate in reviews and inspections of designs, specifications, and code.
- Participate in an agile environment with planning and tracking, task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation while keeping project partners advised of project risks and status.
- Collaborate with testing and integration teams to resolve defects, understand and manage project tasks, product, and flow integration issues interdependencies.
- Be able to help maintain functional and design specification documents.
- B.S in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Hands-on experience in Solution Development using (Pascal, C, C++, Java,
- Practical knowledge building PTC solutions and Dispatch Control Systems.
- Solid knowledge of software algorithms and data structures.
- Multi-threading, distributed computing, microservices architecture
- Working experience in Unix/Linux operating system environments. Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) is a plus!
- Great teammate, dynamic, persistent, and quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills. Present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.