Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
Enlighted – A Siemens Company’s Global Technology Center, Chennai
Specialist– Hardware Engineer
As a Compliance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all our Hardware products are compliant in all markets we sell them into. In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and Sales to identify target products and markets and ensure product and regulatory compliance in these markets
• Work with external test labs to understand requirements and get products certified in markets
• Work with engineering to prepare samples as per test requirements, and be the point of contact between lab engineers and BRI engineers to ensure testing is completed smoothly
• Participate on new product development teams as the subject matter expert for regulatory and standards compliance relevant for products that integrate wireless technologies
• Maintain product compliance matrix, maintain product compliance database, keep track of expiring certifications and changing regulatory standards, talk to external labs to negotiate test plan and costs
• Understand BRI products and system to make sure test plans proposed by labs are adequate and negotiate costs accordingly
• Communicate with stakeholders if there are changes required in documentation, labelling, packaging, re-testing etc. as required by standards or regulatory authorities
Bachelor’s in engineering in EEE/ECE or other equivalent Engineering degree
Master’s degree is a plus
To succeed in this role, you will need a customer-first attitude and the following:
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in compliance/certification engineering
• Experience working with third party test labs like UL, TUV etc.
• Experience working with global compliance standards, especially North American and European standards
• Knowledge and hands on experience on RF and Wireless product testing as per ETSI and FCC standard and certification (FCC part15C, FCC part 15E, FCC Part 15D, FCC part 22, FCC part 24, FCC part 27, ETSI EN 300 328, EN 301 893, EN 300 220, EN 300 330, EN 300 440, EN 302 502, EN 301 511, EN 301 908-1, EN 301 908-2, EN 302 908-13, RSS 210, RSS 247)
• Knowledge of Industry standards IEC, ISO, ANSI, CE, EN, etc.,
• You are a motivated self-propelling person, with determination to succeed and the ability to manage change • Ability to understand and communicate technical information to non-experts
• Ability to clearly communicate project status, test results, technical issues and resolutions, both orally and in writing, to project teams and various levels of management.
• The ability to work independently as well as having excellent interpersonal skills to work as part of a larger team.
• Must be willing to work for flexible time depending on need basis to overlap with US-based process partners
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Enlighted Energy Systems Pvt Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time