Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
Enlighted – A Siemens Company’s Global Technology Center, Chennai
Sr. Hardware Engineer – Sustaining
5 - 7 years
As a Sustaining Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering and logistics investigations and analyses to ensure continued operation and maintenance of our Hardware products with managed risk. In this role, you will:
• Motivate to work with failure analysis and report on quality/RMA.
• Follow up on RMA trends and drive corrective actions
• Tweak PCB design when necessary to make continuous improvement on yields and process/test stability
• Review and define quality test standards to minimize design quality issues
• Interact with CMs to resolve assembly and manufacturing issues for improving yield & productivity
• Work closely with Component Engineer, Design Engineer, Supply Chain and PM.
• Perform root cause analysis on field failure in electronic control boards and implement design changes to assure product quality and integrity
• Support in component obsolescence and alternate parts for cost reduction
• Generate Change Orders and Corrective Actions to release product engineering data for NPI and sustaining products
Bachelor’s in engineering in EEE/ECE or other equivalent Engineering degree
• Minimum 3+ years embedded hardware design experience
• Minimum 2+ years quality and field issue analysis experience
• Experience in the field of Electronic Board and System design.
• Ability to design and develop Analog, Digital and Wireless products (Good to have)
• Experience to read and understand schematics related to electronics and PCB
• Experience in Operating basic electronic test equipment (Oscilloscope, logic analyzer, Data logger, spectrum analyzer, Function generator, etc)
• Ability to understand and debug problems across hardware boundaries
• Experience in handling material cost reduction projects (VAVE)
• Experience managing multiple projects/areas of focus concurrently
• Work with a cross-functional team and external vendors/suppliers.
• DFSS / Lean Six sigma certification a plus
• Adaptive to changing requirements / situation / priorities
• Quality mindset in design and documentation
• Global mindset
• Be structured and self-organized
• Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to work for flexible time depending on need basis to overlap with US-based process partners
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Enlighted Energy Systems Pvt Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time