Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
The Hardware Engineer for Rail Signaling elaborates the specific design for customer projects based on the project requirements. He/she develops technical specifications, defines project hardware architecture, manuals and hardware layouts, testing and commissioning procedures. He/she manages and supports other engineering teams, and must interface to Stakeholders, Partners and Customers regarding project specific topics.
Use your skills and abilities to move the world forward.
• Management and traceability of requirements along the project life cycle.
• Design specific hardware for projects according to customer, reliability, availability, maintainability and safety requirements with the best quality-cost solution.
• Implement, test and commission complex hardware solutions.
• Provide customer training.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to an heterogeneous group of System Engineers working in different projects and disciplines.
• Provide support to the installation and maintenance works.
• Collaborate in Planning and Management for project activities.
• Attend technical meetings with partners, customer or other companies.
• Manage works in multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that goals, objectives, and timelines, are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
• Ensure design, implementation, tests and commissioning, meet project requirements including formal review meetings, communicating project status, identifying and reporting any possible risk.
• Communication and collaboration with other engineering areas and Mobility departments.
• Proactively identifies areas of innovation, opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
• University or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to foster effective work in a cross-functional, multinational and diverse environment.
• Ability to teamwork.
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Continuous improvement mind-set as a must.
• Goal driven with customer orientation and team leadership.
• Good communicative and integrative skills, both written and oral. Our systems are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures and in international and multi-technology environments, where it is necessary to develop system integrations in heterogeneous environments, both human and technical.
• Fluent Spanish spoken and written.
• English: B2 or equivalent, mandatory.
• Work experience in a similar function required.
• Willingness to travel worldwide when required (about 20% of total working time).
Experience in the following technologies and fields of knowledge will be valued:
• Requirements management and systems engineering (tools type DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
• Application of RAMS requirements during the development of projects.
• Knowledge in CENELEC (or similar standards) product development lifecycle.
• Knowledge in railway signalling systems and technology.
• Specific knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Interlocking systems.
• Knowledge and experience in electrical wiring, assemblies and cabinets designs.
• Knowledge and experience developing any programming language and environment for process automation.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.