Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Lead Project Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business.
This role will be based out of either our head office in Ashby De-La-Zouch or Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The Lead Project Engineer will undertake project engineering activities to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This person will be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on medium-sized project or to manage an engineering work package on a larger project.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
- Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Coordinate the engineering activities of partners and sub-contractors
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes
- Responsible for the delivery and deployment of the hardware and software to ensure that safety requirements and integration requirements are fulfilled and delivered
- Leading the engineering team on requirements analysis, development of solution concepts, preliminary designs and detailed designs for development, deployment, and integration.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience will I need?
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Prior experience as Senior Design Engineer within SCADA and/ or SISS
- Experience of requirements management for complete project lifecycle
- Able to manage multiple workstreams
- You are resilient to setbacks and committed to achieving project goals
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
- Prior experience as a CEM or CRE an advantage
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus package
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1 #INSMO
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time