As part of the Siemens Digital Commerce and Operations (DCO) organization, this position makes significant contributions towards the documentation of the DCO ecommerce processes and capabilities. Reporting to the Head of DCO R&D, you will be responsible for ensuring our technical documentation provides the basis for knowledge capture and sharing across the full scope of our ecommerce processes and product features. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, efficient processes, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack DevOps and CI/CD approach.
Purpose of the Role:
Works with Product Owners and Developers to create both internal and external facing information structures and technical documentation. This position will be a key contributor and will provide leadership in the creation of explicit documentation of our ecommerce processes and capabilities. Learns cross-functional skills to develop information for a wide range of development and product management needs. Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of professional principles and skills. Performs responsibilities with coaching and support from more experienced colleagues.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional team. Sets the standards for documenting ecommerce processes and features.
- Learns the DCO ecommerce processes and product features.
- Works with Product Owners and Development leads to:
- define and maintains a hierarchical structure of the DCO technical information
- specify tools, formats, and procedures for creating and maintaining technical documentation
- recommend documentation process methodology, quality, standards and delivery mechanisms
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular area of specialization, such as technical communication or instructional design, or in a product-related subject area and product lifecycle
- Strong preference to candidates with experience utilizing Atlassian tools, namely JIRA and Confluence
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experienced in technical communication or instructional design
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to obtain product knowledge at the component and feature level.
- Ability to learn and understand technical/engineering concepts.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Has effective Interview and research skills
- Competent in the use of technical documentation tools
- Communicates well in one-to-one and group situations
- Possesses good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to constant change
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Visio.
Education and Experience Requirement:
· A Bachelor’s degree (or international graduate of a university level program) in a related field or in a technical field. 3 – 5 years of successful related experience.
- Works closely with Product owners, Developers, and other team members
- Works closely with other documentation and technical writer team members
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.