Siemens Mobility provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – including rolling stock, rail automation, and rail electrification. We design and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems. We are adding a People and Organization Advisor, Second Shift to our team in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California. In this dynamic and pivotal role, you will function as collaborative leader who provides comprehensive strategic and tactical support to the business. You will partner with core HR teams to deliver optimized solutions to the business. You will develop an understanding of our internal HR systems and processes and identify opportunities for efficiency and process improvements. You will support our diverse employees across the organization by building trusted relationships quickly, and leading with empathy, compassion, and creativity to drive the right solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Leverage your expertise in employee relations to investigate employee relations issues, working with appropriate internal and external parties, including efficiently summarizing findings and making disciplinary recommendations.
- Coach, counsel, and advise management and staff to ensure effective resolution of employment-related matters.
- Respond to employee complaints, identify and lead interventions in response to resolve disputes.
- Advise managers regarding Performance Improvement Plans, assist in plan creation and oversee their implementation.
- Use your exceptional writing skills to maintain documentation and tracking of all employee relations issues and close all matters effectively, including, but not limited to providing follow-up documentation as appropriate.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing employee relations programs, policies, practices and procedures and recommend changes to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and services.
- Interpret policies and their application and provide suggestions for improvements to policies when applicable.
- Provide proactive strategic guidance and direction to the management team regarding all aspects of employee relations.
- Submit, audit and track mass employee changes, partner with PO BP during reorganizations and mergers
- Provide ad-hoc reporting, HR data and validation
- Responsible for navigating large amounts of employee data in HRIS system: approve employee data changes to ensure data integrity, train and provide support to managers
- Identify gaps in HR processes and collaborate with various functions within our ecosystem to provide solutions
- Collaborate regularly with PO Partners on best practices
- Build quick reference guides, define process flows, and create useful toolkits
Who you are:
- A great listener with high emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate with and relate well to all levels of employees.
- An analytical thinker with high attention to detail and strong problem resolution skills.
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- Organized and flexible. You can manage multiple ongoing projects/investigations and you respond appropriately to unexpected urgent cases.
- A lifelong learner, bringing your growth mindset to work every day to enhance your growth and the growth of those around you.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, will consider other education combined with work experience
- 5 Plus years of HR experience as a Generalist in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- In depth knowledge of California Labor Laws and Regulations
- Ability to prioritize based on need to meet timelines and respond in a timely manner to inquiries and questions
- Superior customer service
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including a skillset that includes creating V-look ups, Pivot Tables, and data summaries
- Must be organized with ability to handle a high volume of tasks; follow up in a timely manner with customers
Why you'll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Work remote and travel as needed 5 to10%
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid/WFH Opportunities
- We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
- We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
- Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
- We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
- We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
- We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
- We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.