Job title: DevOps Engineer (Application License Administrator)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and authoritative specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Administering Azure Devops and other development Tools e.g. Create Repos/Pipelines/Teams, Configure Access Rights, Configure Security
- Administering and maintaining the virtualized software build farm
- Support Partners in using the R&D Tools efficiently and in resolving issues
- Work with our Tickets in Jira & Mailbox, esp. doing standard requests (License assignment, Access assignment, general 1st Contact Support)
- Monitoring of the Tools & Build Farm with SolarWinds (our monitoring solution for our tools) and proactively engage the Team to mitigate issues.
- Maintaining Knowledge Base about Support Case Solutions
- Support the Team and Stakeholders in Migration topics from legacy toolchain to new toolchain
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
- You must have Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech with minimum 4-7 years of experience on Azure Devops
- Experience in License Administration (mostly Microsoft on premise & Azure) Networking, hosting and maintaining Virtual Machines, structuring of Storage, Access Management and Monitoring of Applications
- Experience in Supporting internal Partners (certifications for ITIL or equivalent not mandatory but maybe advantageous)
- Administrating business-critical applications, Understanding of DevOps Methodology
- Phenomenal communication skills in English
- Being able to work without single point of contact for tasks
- Scripting Skills (Higher Programming Language Skills nice to have)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time