Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time? At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
The design engineer will be part of a global team at Siemens power transformers India, Mumbai, providing technical services to global sites of Siemens Energy transformers.
• Able to open and understand 3D models and 2D drawings of power transformers and shunt reactors and its sub-assemblies and components.
• Responsible to prepare customer documents like General Arrangement, foundation, transport, valve schedule plate, sign/label plates, cable boxes, radiators etc.
• Able to make modifications in 3D model/2D drawings
• Collect/collate/organize and implement comments from customers on the documents
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in mechanical engineering.
• 5-10 years working experience as a design engineer (or related roles)
• Advanced user of 3D CAD software (eg. CREO/PROe/Inventor/UG), PDM Link/Teamcentre, 2D CAD (eg. AUTOCAD),
• Should have basic knowledge of oil & weight calculation, air clearances, cooling systems, transport considerations like dimensional restrictions/acceleration factors, jacking considerations, dimensioning of foundation and foundation bolts. Knowledge of operating condition of valves/air release in filling/filtration/transport conditions. Knowledge of site conditions/interfaces of transformer like rails, pull out, trenches, oil pit, fire walls, tertiary formation for single phase units, earthing connection, connectors to cables/conductors etc. Functional knowledge of accessories like breather, fan, pumps, bellows, NRV, MOLG etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English is necessary.
• Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
• Able to consistently work in the domain of customer documents with same motivation levels
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Thane, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time