Siemens Industry Software Computational Dynamics India Private Limited is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer as a part of sustained worldwide growth. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute during the entire software life cycle of our leading CAE/CFD tool STAR-CCM+. You will be a key member of the team while working independently to prepare test plans and test cases, review testing checklists and validate the solutions delivered by development. Your uncompromising attention to detail will be required to run, monitor and triage regression tests on a regular basis, while your knowledge and experience will help to improve test coverage, tools and processes.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will document all problems, work to resolve them and report progress on problem resolution to management. The QA Engineer must communicate proactively and effectively with local and global team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, and management on issues.
Siemens Industry Software Computational Dynamics India Private Limited offers a competitive benefit package and a professional working environment. We are a world-leading supplier of CAE/CFD solutions to the global engineering community
o Research new product functionality.
o Develop and document test plans and procedures to verify that our software products and releases meet the established functionality and performance goals.
o Implementation of Software Testing strategies including the execution of System, Integration, and Unit testing to fulfill the quality requirements on our products.
o Test the products and document and communicate the results of that testing.
o Detailed reporting of software defects, communication of risks to leads and follow-up with stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution of issues.
o Develop automated testing procedures and programs to enhance certification efforts.
o Contribute to strategic directions for the entire Quality Assurance organization.
o Collaboratively contribute to plans for overall quality improvement, and obtain signoff from all stakeholders as required.
o Effectively work with a globally dispersed team.
o Participate effectively in cross-functional teams.
o Work with other development areas to improve fault prevention higher up the development stream.
o Participate in testing projects as the representative of Quality Assurance.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering field.
● Experience in the CFD/CAE industry.
● Knowledge in User Interface/User Experience testing
● Strong understanding of UI/UX and Client-Server architectures
● Able to work independently and diagnose the root cause of UI/UX and framework issues
● Experience rapidly iterating designs to meet tight deadlines
● General experience in preparing, and executing simulations in CFD software.
● Demonstrated knowledge of Quality theories and practices.
● Comfortable working a matrix environment.
● Demonstrated proficiency of written and spoken English.
● Strong communication skills.
● Experience working in Agile and Waterfall SDLC environments.
● Programming knowledge (knowledge/experience with JAVA, C++, Scripting languages).
● Experience in managing a multi-platform (Windows / Linux) test environment.
● Enjoys networking with peers in the industry to share best practices.
● Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a desire of continuous learning.
● Ability to apply advanced level technical skills cooperatively in a challenging, fast-paced environment on a team with experienced professionals.
● Flexibility to work in different domain areas when business demands.
● In addition to the technical knowledge required for this position, applicants should be creative and highly motivated.
● Minimum 1-2 years of hands on experience in any CAE/CFD tool.
● 2+ years Quality Assurance and /or Testing in UI/UX testing will be an additional advantage.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time