Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Business Development Manager to join the Energy & Performance Services Business Unit. This is an unrivalled opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this new business field through co-creating new technical and commercial solutions with customers and partners.
Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is spearheading the SI growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute projects covering a variety of technologies including HVAC upgrades and replacement, clean energy generation, storage, micro grids, and manufacturing process-related equipment. In addition, we also provide market leading digital services to help customers efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint. The Siemens EPS offer covers a wide range of key topics for our clients making it both complex and unique, we therefore require a strategic thinking consultative approach from our business development managers. Over the next years we have a high growth ambition and are therefore looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
This role can be based from anywhere within the UK, with travel to customer sites UK wide.
Your new responsibilities:
· Responsible for both business development and closing of deals (supported by Bid Management Team)
· Manage the creation and development of EPS projects for customers in select vertical markets, such as Commercial & Industrial. Healthcare and Education
· Manage the sales process to ensure customer opportunities are properly qualified prior to investment of resources
· Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by Commercial & Industrial clients with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually beneficial partnerships and strategies
· Understand and explain the correlation between market drivers, business objectives and operational issues as they relate to value propositions, applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to support individual sales representatives in creating account strategies
· Ensure coordinated and cooperative effort between EPS sales team and EPS operations, as well as other divisions within Siemens
· Conduct your own networking activities, marketing, customer meetings, proposal development and customer presentations to deliver outstanding customer value
· Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies. Develop detailed sales forecast and provide input to budget
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Significant experience in high value solution/business case sales on executive level, getting buy-in and consensus of customer’s CxO level
- A consultative seller of solutions not products
- Requires a strong understanding of technical and financial concepts
- Ability to facilitate a cooperative approach in a complex environment with cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees
- Proven track record in sales and/or business success
- Strong business orientation, customer focus and decision-making ability
- Prestige-less, pragmatic and self-conscious
- Meticulous, structured and persistent
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time