Siemens Mobility drives and traction motors operate worldwide: More than 90,000 motors are used in various rail vehicles, from trams to high-speed trains to powerful locomotives. We match our traction motors and drives perfectly to one another and the project-specific requirements. We can manufacture motors and drives in many countries to meet our customers' needs, and our service network covers the world.
Our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA, is looking to hire a Supplier Quality Engineer with metal fabrication experience to help oversee the quality of welded railway vehicle components provided by our suppliers. This position will lead in all aspects of supplier quality management. Up to 50% of travel is required to internal and customer sites (domestic and international).What your day-to-day will look like:
- Support sourcing decisions and conducting audits- Evaluate suppliers by conducting product and process audits at supplier sites and assessing the suitability of potential suppliers. Give risk analysis and mitigation plans.
- Product reviews- Review engineering requirements with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are clearly understood. Collaborate with engineering to help clarify requirements when needed. Ensure engineering deviations and substitutions are approved.
- Lead First Article Inspection/ PPAP activities with suppliers- Define and communicate qualification requirements to suppliers. Verify documentation, critical dimensions, and other characteristics of welded containers at the supplier's location. Prepare detailed reports and take the lead on resolving nonconformities found by facilitating multi-functional action plans.
- Incoming inspection planning- Selecting inspection tools, sampling plans, and methods.
- Supplier performance management - critical metric reporting, data analyses, investigations, evaluations, corrective action, and development plans.
- Oversee the control and disposition of nonconforming products received from suppliers. Lead evaluations, segregation, supplier communication, and corrective actions, and oversee the prompt multi-functional disposition of rejected parts to minimize the impact on production.
- Lead process improvements.
- Train & guide others.
- Ongoing personal development and training- pursue and achieve improved competency/ proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing quality engineer role with experience in a supplier quality engineer role. ASQ certification preferred.
- Highly proficient in reading and understanding mechanical drawings/blueprints with GD&T knowledge and experience.
- Highly proficient in using calipers, micrometers, and other quality measurement tools and using judgment to determine the appropriate measurement technique.
- Communicate technical information with others at all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers. Must be able to prepare comprehensive inspection reports using MS Office tools.
- Advanced knowledge of corrective action/problem-solving methodology, performing quality system audits and understanding various types of metal fabrication processes.
- Desire and willingness to develop competency in welding inspection.
- Knowledge and experience in evaluating quality inspection methods and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of quality management systems and standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate when handling escalating complaints and sensitive situations with suppliers and customers.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.