Siemens Large Drives is looking for a Strategic Procurement Manager for our Norwood facility. In this role you will be responsible for leading the Strategic Procurement Team and managing the supplier base that provides Siemens Norwood with Industrial Motor parts and components. You will be tasked with developing a short- and long-term sourcing strategy aligned with Siemens LDA overall goals relative to growth, cost savings, supply continuity, and risk management. These strategies will ensure preferred suppliers have the capability, quality, capacity, and delivery performance required while minimizing total cost of ownership. You are chartered with developing a sourcing strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global agreements with preferred suppliers, identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives. This key role reports directly to the site operations controller for Large Drive Applications Motors (LDA M), Norwood, Ohio and functionally to the global Head of Procurement of LDA Motors in Germany. You will have the ability to have a flexible onsite schedule.Responsibilities:
- Leading the Strategic Procurement team to ensure effective management of assigned commodities and suppliers deliver key commodity performance indicators through strategic management of the supply base. This includes cost savings via supplier market analysis, selection, qualification, contract negotiations, development, evaluation, global value sourcing, purchased volume management, joint innovation, risk management, etc.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with critical suppliers.
- Analyze risk from supplier portfolio and develop strategic actions for mitigation.
- Leading/mentoring/retaining talent to ensure a best-in-class procurement organization.
- Evaluation of overall supplier performance and appropriate feedback to internal and external collaborators.
- Developing and driving a focus on global value sourcing strategies for identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and objectives in collaboration with global Commodity Management in LDA.
- Collaborate with Siemens Norwood business areas with the internal partners to ensure alignment of strategies, initiatives and commitments, for example with Operational Purchasing, Engineering and R & D for Design to Cost/Value Engineering, Quality Management for supplier qualification, etc. as well as with the Siemens global procurement network.
- Driven with capabilities in completing multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated capabilities in delivering sophisticated pivotal initiatives, leading change, and driving performance throughout organization.
- Understanding the importance of process improvements and digitalization to change internal processes and people management requirements
- International collaboration with Global Procurement Function, Supplier Quality Management, Strategic logistics and specialists for Cost Value & Engineering in America, Europe, and Asia
- SAP and Supply Chain Management
- MS Software
- Lean Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience to have for the success of this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or similar education
- Procurement/sourcing experience with growing global responsibility and experience in a large matrixed company environment.
- Strong Leadership, people management and people development skills and validated experiences
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
- Excellent Negotiation and Communications skills with validated capabilities of leading different supplier relationships
- Excellent presentation skills.
- International travel experience, intercultural management capabilities and willingness to travel domestic and overseas.
- Critical Thinking and capable to formulate strategies. Capabilities and experiences in implementing improvement actions.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.