Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires experience soliciting quotes, negotiating cost reduction price agreements and contracts, sourcing suppliers, addressing supply chain issues and request for information for various project spends relating to electric distribution systems, including both large solutions projects and quick turn service projects.
Strong experience in procurement of medium voltage power installation systems, electrical, mechanical, and engineering contractor services. Additional responsibilities including control panels, batteries, power supplies.
This role will need to be able to interact with engineering and operations on a technical basis during bid reviews, project review and project progress reviews including mid and upper management.
Working alongside the appropriate business personnel (Procurement, Operations, Engineering, Finance):
- Solicitation and evaluation of bids and quotes in coordination with engineering and project management.
- Sourcing and qualifying new sources and expansion of the contractor supply base
- Attaining cost reductions targets both pre and post book award
- Formulating sourcing strategies
- Reduction in 3rd party non-conformance costs
- Supplier delivery and quality performance
- Evaluation and qualification of new and current suppliers
- PO approval and supply contract negotiation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction project management, engineering, business, or related fields preferred.
- 5 years procurement experience.
- 3-5 Years Electrical Distribution Industry and/or related Industry experience
- Experience in industrial construction project management (PMP accreditation) .
- Ability to work both within a team atmosphere, and be able to work individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Presentation skills
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point (advanced preferred).
- e-auction, e-RFQ platform experience
- Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically in both oral and written formats.
- Dynamic, energetic personality that is self-motivated to succeed.
- Ability to take direction, both from manager and team-members.
- Ability to work with other departments to resolve all issues.- team player
- Deep knowledge of Electrical Distribution project business – its products, systems, and services or related industry
- Demonstrated and proven strategic negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in bid, scope, and project handoff meetings with the ability to obtain basic information from prints and/or understand scope documents.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- College Degree in Business or related field, from an accredited school preferred
- CPM Certification
- Familiarity with electronic request for quote
- Familiarity with project business
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.