Job title: Deputy Manager – Record to Report
We provide a variety of competitive, innovative and reliable Record-to-Report services from maintaining financial records to financial closing and reporting.
We process, compile and deliver relevant financial information covering Accounting & Closing, Commercial, Tax and Master Data Services. We deliver maximum value to the business by driving Record-to-Report optimization and digitalization using our entrepreneurial approach. We also support our customers’ current and future business requirements with the help of our high level of process and automation competency.
We are looking for a talent with skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Tax team and ensure compliance with Direct Tax regulations.
Role Scope: -
- Ensuring compliance with applicable Indian Direct Tax Regulations.
- Expeditious resolution of Tax matters when need arises.
- Internal and external Stakeholder management.
- Keeping business leadership abreast of various tax implications on a continuing basis.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Preparation and filing of Return of Income, tax audit and transfer pricing requirements as per statutory deadlines.
· As per IFRS - Preparation of Effective tax rate and annual computations both current tax and deferred tax for all global entities on quarterly/annual basis.
· As per Local GAAP - Preparation of tax computations both Current tax and Deferred Tax as per Local GAAP applicable to each jurisdiction for the purpose of statutory financials.
· Preparation of tax disclosures on quarterly and annual basis.
· Preparation of estimated tax computations for the purpose of paying advance taxes.
· Ensure adequate defense documentation is in place to support the positions taken in the tax return.
· Transfer pricing advisory role to the different business units.
· Prepare submissions to tax authorities and attend or organization representation at assessment hearings and Appellate forums.
· Ensure best tax accounting practices are followed and maintained.
· Work towards improving processes and ensuring a robust system with regards to direct tax and initiate process improvements and act as a change agent within the organization.
· Tax optimization of entire spectrum of domestic and international taxes.
· Optimize effective tax rate and transaction taxes and tax efficient repatriation of funds.
· Planning and compliance with Transfer pricing (both customs and income tax).
· Partnering with the business for the efficient business models and saving opportunities.
· Participate in tax strategy, restructuring of transactions like formation of entities, acquisitions, disposals, mergers, financing transactions, major spends, offshore / onshore supply and service agreements and so on.
· Tax Planning: Assist in tax planning projects and be a major contributor in regional/global projects.
· Participate in the due diligence work for M&A initiatives.
· Communicate results effectively to management and non-financial personnel.
· Guide other departments by researching and interpreting relevant Tax laws, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
· Participate in Tax technology initiatives of the organization.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· You must be a qualified CA and you bring 2+ years of experience focused on direct taxes, transfer pricing. Good knowledge and understanding of Accounting Standards and tax provisioning. Finance and Indian GAAP, USGAAP/IFRS, Commercial concepts, Business understanding.
· System proficiency and should have operated in ERP based integrated applications; SAP knowledge preferred.
· Highly motivated, and results driven with a high energy level - has a bias for proactive action.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships withdifferent partners.
· Should have a track record of competent handling of complex tax matters.
· Should be up to date on tax laws and rules and have an expert level understanding of relevant tax laws and rules.
· Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner and shows good judgment.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens:
This role is based in Mumbai (Worli) , where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time