An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Business Processing team at Siemens Financial Services (SFS) in Stoke Poges. This is a lovely friendly team of 16 people and this new opportunity has arisen due to growth within the business.
The Business Processing Team is critical in SFS as we are the team that activate all financial agreements and pay our Introducers. We work closely with the sales department to ensure all proposals are activated and paid in a timely manner to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the activation and payment of agreements are carried out to company policy. This is done by ensuring regular contact with your Business Processing team and our sales team. Identifying areas of improvement is key – all working together.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture.
At SFS, our financial solutions enable our customers to invest in new technologies, improve cash flow, and realise large projects. We finance cutting edge technology and machinery to drive digital transformation and competitiveness.
If you have good customer service experience, and experience in dealing with high volume activity and love working in a friendly inclusive team, then this could perfect for you.
What part will you play:
- Verify document accuracy and activation quality before payment to our Introducers
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with the other departments and colleagues
- Ensure high levels of communication with internal sales department
- Maintain relationships with established external dealers and suppliers
- Attend weekly calls with the sales teams to better understand the priorities
- Collaborate with internal departments and keep up to date with organisational updates
- Opportunity to contribute to various projects
What skills and experience will you bring to the role:
- Experience in an administration role verifying document accuracy
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage high volumes of emails and professional phone manner
- Be a self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic individual, looking to learn and develop in a large organisation
- Be able to prioritise workload
- Team player with ability to build relationships with external customers, partners and other internal departments
- Experience working in a customer service role within an office environment
- Asset finance experience would be beneficial but not essential
What else do you need to know?
Find out more about Siemens Financial Services in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX_xm-m2NxU
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, quarterly bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, competitive pension scheme, private healthcare and other flexible benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time