Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our STS Division in Cairo, Egypt.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you’ll focus on developing business intelligence and data analysis tools to aid in the development of metrics used to improve the software development process. Business intelligence systems include operational databases, data warehouses, data models, reporting tools and reports, as well as data loading and ETL processes.Responsibilities
- Design, program, enhance and implement tools and processes to continually increase development productivity, cost-efficiency, time to market and improve product quality, making efficient use of both human and compute resources.
- Work with stakeholders to provide business intelligence infrastructure and reports to support the continual improvement of the software development process.
- Maintain existing reporting and business intelligence systems.
- Use business intelligence systems to analyze gaps and weaknesses of the software development process.
- Work with stakeholders, including development and operations personnel, to highlight process deficiencies and recommend improvements based on the results of data analysis.
- Gather requirements from the development community.
- Write report and process documentation.
- Hands-on development of internal data stores and reporting structures.
- Solve diverse issues to enable and improve the development process.
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation of emerging process paradigms related to software development and new tools to support existing and planned methodologies.
- Work with internal customers to gather requirements and establish verification standards. Internal customers include quality assurance, product management, project management, production, and development personnel.
- Work closely with system administrators and test framework engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with business intelligence tools, such as SAP, Pentaho, or Tableau.
- Experience creating and running ETL jobs.
- Experience using REST and SOAP API's, JSON and XML.
- SQL and general relational database proficiency, including MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Non-SQL databases, such as Vertica and Snowflake experience.
- Familiarity with Linux and Window operating systems.
- Familiarity with AI tools and paradigms.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time