As Solution Engineer you will be responsible for realizing the automation solutions from our crane projects in a profound and professional way and securing respective lessons learned into the entire Cranes organization. Furthermore you will be involved in the whole engineering process from concept design till commissioning the projects worldwide.
“We make real what matters”
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbor and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
To enforce the team, the department Cranes is searching for an experienced colleague with broad knowhow and interest in drive technology, automation and digitalization.
“What does this role feel like?”
You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany. You will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams. As Solution Engineer you will report to Pieter van der Plas, head of engineering in The Netherlands. You will be responsible for:
- Support the components, system or solution designer in realizing detailed technical solutions independently taking over subtasks
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes
- Contribute to the overall design in cooperation with the responsible design engineer
- The detail engineering of projects
- Supports the commissioning and acceptance tests
- May cooperate with Solutions of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate the technical interfaces
- Track, document and report development progress regularly
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
“What do you need to make real what matters?”
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or similar
- At least 3 years proven experience in the field of complex (automation) projects/ in an engineering environment as an engineer
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages
- Knowledge of dotNet application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL
- Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally
- A driver’s license.
“We have quite a lot to offer, what’s in it for you?”
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. Therefor we offer you:
- A good salary plus fixed 13th month benefit
- 40 days' of leave
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues
- Health budget of EUR 150 a year, participation in Share Matching Program and JongSiemens
- A very divers team with people from different countries and backgrounds
- You will be part of an leading international brand and network
- Continuous development opportunities.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you!
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven (Talent Acquisition Specialist) on 06 1020 4360.
The application procedure includes screening and an assessment.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
‘Siemens is an equal opportunities employer’
Sector: Digital Industries
Bedrijf: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Ervaringsniveau: Mid-level Professional
Soort baan: Maakt niet uit