Position Title: Demand Planner
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
The role is responsible for planning and forecasting Breakers families (3VA, 3VL, 3WL) for Grand Prairie (breaker plant) location.
This individual will work closely with sales, marketing, product management and manufacturing operations to develop and update a forecast of demand monthly. The plant will use the forecast to plan capacity, resources, and supply chain.
The demand planner will work closely with other demand planners as his/her forecast will impact their forecast. For example, an increase in demand for lighting panels / Switchboards will cause an increase in demand for breakers.
The demand planner also manages inventory planning process to make stocking decisions for the business unit and plays an essential role in the supply chain process.
The role is also responsible to coordinate new projects to increase delivery performance with the customers, as well as contributing to the product lifecycle management (PLM) process by developing logistics plans for product introduction and obsolescence.
The position has a lot of interaction with different departments as Sales, Marketing, customer support or product management so it very important that the person has teamwork and network skills.
It is a very analytical & data driven role in the logistics and supply chain management area, requires a lot of data analytics, change mindset, continuously improves processes and proactive attitude to improve efficiency and generate solutions to the daily situations.
Reports to: Sales & Operations Planning Manager
Interacts With: Marketing, Product Management, Financial Controllers, Research & Development, Information Technology, Customer Support, Sales, Plant Materials Management, Purchasing as well as general management.
- Forecast accuracy/quality
- Delivery performance
- Asset Management/Inventory Turns
- Bachelor’s in business or related field, highly preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in materials/logistics/planning preferably in a manufacturing organization
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing supply chains and supply chain strategy from raw material to delivery of finished goods
- Ability to perform complex analysis.
- Prefer experience with Sales & Operations Planning Systems (APO)
- Critical and analytical thinker.
- Good communication skills (oral and written). Comfortable presenting to senior management
- Action and Results oriented with an ability to quickly develop plans and turn them into actions.
- Expert user of ERP systems. SAP is preferred.
- Expert Excel user. Demonstrated ability to extract data from ERP and
- Data Analytics
- Tableau, Access experience is a plus
- APICS certification is a plus
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.