Our Customer Service business helps us attain these objectives as a reliable partner. Our groundbreaking technologies help optimize operations and use assets more efficiently. An essential ingredient is digitalization – from the prospective analysis of complex technical questions to prescriptive maintenance and next-generation business models that enable you to focus on your core mobility business. Are you ready?
We look to hire a Field Service Technical Support Engineer position in Escondido, CA. In this role, you will plan, organize, coordinate, and manage all phases of the maintenance activities of our SIEMENS Sprinter DMU light rail vehicles. You will also schedule maintenance activities with our customers, train their maintenance personnel, and advise on maintenance techniques. Setting a safe work environment and proactively supporting our customers is essential to the role. The Support Engineer will interact with the operational, engineering, dispatching, and financial departments for safe, cost-effective, and efficient operations.Your primary objectives are:
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer & our vehicles
- Providing a positive customer service experience to the customer
- Maintaining ongoing, effective communication with all internal and external relevant parties
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the customer's maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of the Sprinter DMU light rail fleet.
- Ensure responsiveness and support to complete troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Identify non-conformance issues and make improvement recommendations.
- Delivery of ongoing system operation training for the customers.
- Ensure proper communication between the customer, our Rail Support Center, and the field team.
- Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to Siemens and Customer Technicians as required.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure proper operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive.
- Continually progress customers' maintenance practices to support the Siemens DMU vehicle.
- Associate degree in an engineering field, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency and experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment
- Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related field experience will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of FRA regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo, Cormap, Salesforce
- Background or formal training in Quality tools, e.g., six sigma, root cause analysis, etc.
- Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning, or other rail-related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.