Siemens Digital Industries Software IT is looking for a Senior IT Application Developer as a key member of an IT Web Applications team. As part of our IT Support & Enablement organization, your job is help develop applications and scripts for our TAC (Technical Access Center) suite of application software.
TAC provides various applications for a wide range of internal Siemens organizations such as Product Development, Product Support, Quality, Release Management, and Finance. The team sets a very high bar for its service, with the team’s mission being defined as “consistently meet or exceed the expectations of its internal customers by delivering technologically-sound applications and desired enhancements in a timely manner, at the same time delight its customers with prompt, courteous, professional services and support.”
This position works closely with the TAC Development and DBA teams in California to provide application development, application maintenance & enhancement, and system testing for our global internal user base.
Excellent programming, analytical and interpersonal skills as well as advanced command of English, and a desire to provide quality applications are critical to success in this fast-paced and encompassing role.
- Maintain and develop enhancements for a suite of web applications supporting Siemens Software R&D operations such as defect & change request tracking, beta testing, user registration, etc.
- Maintain and develop enhancements for customer support and licensing/logistic systems for a number of Product Support and Finance organizations within Siemens Digital Industries.
- Maintain and convert develop scripts for database rules, custom reports, automated updates, etc.
- Assist with technical documentation as needed.
- Participate in unit testing and application release testing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Exceptional English (written and verbal) skills for cross-location communication.
- Experience in Java, PHP, Perl, Python programming languages.
- Knowledge of relational database, SQL scripting.
- Result-driven, detail-oriented.
- Quick learner and team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Inspire collaboration.
- Driven and self-motivated.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong experience with Java, PHP, Python, Perl programming languages.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database.
- Knowledge of web services (SOAP, REST).
- Good knowledge of server scripting (Linux).
- Knowledge of AWS and Elastic search.
- Knowledge of queuing tools (RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with business sponsors and application developers on new requirements (such as application features, or custom reports/analytics).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time