This role leads the organization in all activities of the Engineering Department. The position closely partners with the business leads to develop and implement strategies, business plans, and business models for the BU’s customer projects, product business, factories, and new initiatives. The position collaborates with local Mobility management and global RS management towards an overall organizational vision and strategic engineering direction for North America and reports to the Siemens Mobility President of Rolling Stock for North America.
- This position has full responsibility for the Rolling Stock Engineering Department on a NAM region basis.
- Ensures that the organization continuously meets and improves its key targets, including all applicable schedule, accuracy, and P&L measures applicable to the engineering organization.
· Establishes the overall objectives and initiatives of an engineering department.
· Responsible to analyze, develop and evaluate large-scale, complex systems, for new and or existing projects
· Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the group’s engineering and development initiatives.
· Provides Engineering expertise to other departments. Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
· Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the local and global rail rolling stock industry and develops strategies for discussion and implementation.
- Oversees the short- and longer-term financial planning for budgets and forecasts and ensures oversight and control of expenses.
- Responsible for full Engineering governance. Ensures market and benchmark analysis, customer analysis, early identification of market and business potential. Maintains and broadens personal contacts with existing major customers and potential new customers where position status would be a key factor in a relationship.
- Builds and continuously improves a superior organization committed to both growth of the organization and its employees. Engages and motivates employees to focus on goals and objectives achievement. Implements development programs and procedures to identify and grow new and potential management including recruitment, selection, mentoring, training, and performance management.
- With significant communications (internal and external), this position represents the ‘face’ of the Engineering Department. Represents Siemens across an international landscape and networks with executive and client leadership at industry associations, professional or community organizations to enhance business image and success.
- Manages risk to the overall business and to Siemens. This will also involve compliance with all local country legislation (federal, provincial, state, local, etc.) and regulations applicable to the specific country in which the organization operates. Ensures strategic and organizational alignment of business, including planning and realization of acquisition strategy.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other Engineering groups within Siemens Mobility, both domestically and internationally.
- May be responsible for sourcing, managing, and directing third party engineering services as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another related field required.
10+ years of experience including 8 or more years of direct industry experience and 5 or more years management experience with significant responsibility. Experience in project business is essential; previous exposure to a manufacturing and/or service environment is preferred. Executive-level leadership, interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills required. USA and International travel are required
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.