Siemens - Smart Infrastructure - Gird Software (SI-GSW) is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Grid Software offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our SI-GSW setup in Egypt we are looking for a Project Manager to support our growing business:
What are my responsibilities?
• Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer's requirements/targets
• Involves the customer in decision-making processes and provides regular information on project progress
• Creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project
• Is actively involved in the bid phase, analyzing customer requirements and examining their technical feasibility and transferability into a bid
• Throughout project life cycle, identifies and assesses all risk factors utilizing available Division/Business Units checklists (risk analysis)
• Assesses risks in terms of effects on the Division/Business Unit, defines measures/action to be taken and ensures early escalation
• Devises (with business coordinators) the strategy for making/mitigating claims
• Involves purchasing at an early stage in compliance with applicable Siemens procurement rules
• Plans (in local purchasing) the procurement strategy with the business coordinator and Sector/Regional purchasing
• Leads the project within the defined time, budget and quality framework to the satisfaction of the customer, ensuring business success and compliance with US GAAP
• Develops and implements controlling measures
• Handles all PM@Siemens-relevant planning elements and milestone attainments according to project categorization
• Ensures targeted and full communication within the project team and with stakeholders (if applicable on international basis)
• Seeks and actively utilizes sources of information, knowledge and experience, with a view to applying them project-specifically and entrepreneurially
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Knowledge acquired in 7 - 12 years in processing / erection / engineering / development / commercial activity with varying duties/functions
• At least 7 years of successful and responsible management of Sector-external customer projects of Category B of different project types (customers / partners / solutions & services)
• ≥ 2 years management of subcontractors
• Has been in charge of project teams for at least 7 years (min. 7 years ≥ 12 team members = direct reports in project)
• Required: has experience of living and working abroad
• Required: has worked in teams made up of international members
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.