Siemens Mobility is a leading provider of rail services to railroads and transit agencies and hiring Rail Traffic Controllers (Dispatchers) to fully coordinate and run the dispatching of 54 railroads across the United States and parts of Canada. This fast-paced position will keep you on your toes when fielding calls from train crews, municipal authorities, and the public regarding permissions of train operations and emergencies that can occur along the tracks.
We will train you to take incoming calls (sometimes with not-so-clear information) and learn how to ask the right questions to gain the vital details to determine next course of action and keep everyone safe! You will coordinate train movements to optimize operations and ensure the security of all train movements and other track equipment/employees. Training rate of $17.10/hour and once qualified, you'll earn $24.51/hour.To thrive in this role:
- You are flexible – trains run 24/7/365 & so do we! You’ll need to be available for rotating shifts every few weeks (First Shift: 6am-2pm, Second Shift:2pm-10pm, Third Shift: 10pm-6am)
- You can multitask and prioritize – your workstation will have multiple monitors as you’re able to view the many trains operating across the country at any given time. You’ll need to learn travel times, speed, and distance (think about the age-old physics problem if two trains are moving at different speeds…) to keep things moving with minimal delays. You can realistically expect 100+ calls/shift.
- You have the willingness and capability to learn – we adhere to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations, so your interest and desire to know about the infrastructure of our country’s transportation system will aid in your success. You’ll need to maneuver through the various computer systems and be able to type quickly to get critical information to where it needs to go – asap!
- High School Diploma, Post-Secondary education is helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Digital literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Criminal Background check, Drug Testing (and random drug screens)
- DOT physical to include hearing test and color blindness eye test
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
You are legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and per accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Rail-Term LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.