Siemens Mobility is looking for a Sales Planner to join our Rail Infrastructure team in Chippenham.
Sales Planning is a key function to ensure that both customer demands, and manufacturing requirements are fulfilled. Excellent customer interface is essential to ensure that delivery performance is being maintained, along with co-ordination of customer requirements and material resources. Production of pricing and cost analysis for internal requirements and quotation for external customers are also key to the role.
- Plan orders to meet customer demand, business plan and production capacity
- Provide quotations to customers within financial constraints and costings accuracy
- Undertake forecasting, process customer enquiries, plan orders and acknowledge/validate all customer orders
- Control the MRP inputs and day to day order book, ensuring accuracy against stipulated plans
- Liaise with all customers, both internal & external
- Resolve issues where MRP/Lead Times differ to demand
- Ability to negotiate and influence to build customer partnerships
- Highly numerate and PC literate – excellent excel skills a must
- Fluent communications skills, both verbal and written, along with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercial awareness with a sense of organizational sensitivity
- Able to operate independently and without supervision
- Experienced in producing customer quotations and forecast planning
- HND/Degree in a relevant qualification, e.g., Business Studies
- Experience of working closely with procurement, production, and material control functions
- Innovative with the ability to introduce improvements and cost reductions
- Previous experience within a complex manufacturing processing environment
- Experienced in the use of an MRP/ERP system
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time