Position Title: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer – Technology
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
This role will be responsible for engaging with 3rd party suppliers, evaluating status, evaluating supply-chain risk & driving compliance to:
- EPA Toxic Control Substance Act
- ROHS / REACH* Supplier Certification
- DEGREE / CO2 Footprint*
- USMCA Certificate of Origin / Buy American*
- Supply Chain Robustness: 2nd & 3rd Source Qualifications
- Updating & maintaining data in SCM Star & reporting as required
- Interface with R&D on alternative solutions to meet requirements
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Self-motivated individual who will take the initiative to complete tasks.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and present complex data in a coherent manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- High-energy, results-oriented, self-motivated, self-reliant, team player.
- Evaluate supply chain risk as it pertains to environmental standards - Establish Supplier list by part# to be evaluated via ESN code
- Creation of form letter / questionnaire
- Utilize and Distribute info via SCM Star
- Follow up on non-responsive vendors
- Verify if substance used
- Ensure compliance logged in SCM Star
- Define risk within entire supply chain, not just vendors
- Requires technical review of critical components (lead cross-functional team)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
- Developing supplier targets and driving process improvement as it relates to environmental compliance
- Working knowledge of SCM Star & SAP
- Experience with 3rd party supplier plastics, metal & hardware
- Degree in Engineering or equivalate; minimum 6 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality role in the electro-mechanical industry with plastic injection and metal stamping commodities.
- Effective technical writing skills, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to engage various levels of stakeholders and team members in remote locations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general statistics is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Create and manage supplier development and/or improvement plans.
- Lead technical design reviews with suppliers (APQP); Provide overview of overall requirements, expectations, criticality of product, service, and PPAP requirements.
- Develop periodic reports on supplier performance (scorecards).
- Ensure effective change control and proactively communicate with suppliers regarding any changes in design or changes in process that could affect product.
- Prepare reports to evaluate effectiveness of supplier environmental systems.
- In partnership with Procurement, manage supplier categorization and general quality agreements (GQA)
- Interact with manufacturing plants and engineering teams to optimize documentation related to supplier quality and inspection checks.
- 20% Travel – both domestically and internationally.
- International travel experience and the capability to operate in foreign cultures required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible vacation.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.