Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services that range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Responsible for the development and delivery of parts of a product, in accordance with the customers’ requirements and organizational quality norms. Activities to be performed include:
- Requirement analysis and design of software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines.
- Implementation of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions in accordance with coding guidelines and on-time with high quality.
- Identification and implementation of unit and integration tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements, and quality, security requirements of product are met.
- Performing code review and creation / support for relevant documentation (requirement/design/test specification).
- Ensuring integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
Performing regular technical coordination / review with stake holders and ensuring timely reporting and escalations if any.
WE DON’T NEED SUPERHEROES, JUST SUPER MINDS
• 5-8 years work experience in Software Engineering especially in professional software product development.
• Proven skills in Java is a must
• Proven skills in Spring Framework
• Experience in web-services and knowledge in Micro Service Architecture
• Experience in Java Release Management
• Experience with Unit Testing framework for UI+ Service development
• Experience in Cloud Technology is a plus
• Experience with Responsive Web design is a plus
• Experience with JQuery, Bootstrap is a plus
• Good knowledge of cross platform rendering issues between major browsers and platforms is a plus
• Must have good analytical, debugging ad tracing skills. Should be well-versed with clean code principles (DRY, KISS). Exposure to secure coding is beneficial.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Find out more about Siemens Advanta at: https://www.siemens-advanta.com/careers