If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The Central Control Unit develops the software for vehicle control of Siemens locomotives. In worldwide operation, our vehicles are used in passenger and freight transport, across borders in the most demanding transport tasks and are continuously optimized for energy-saving, reliable and economical transport.
- In your new role you will take over the management of our department "Central Control Unit Int." (approx. 14 employees (f/m/d), in which orders for the development, adaptation and maintenance of vehicle control systems in international locomotive projects (primarily for America but also for Asia/India) are processed and the software for the central control unit is created.
- The team's main areas of expertise are the functions of multiple traction, automatic driving brake control (AFB), and the control of the energy supply from the various energy supply systems of our electric and dual-mode vehicle concepts.
- You are responsible for the personnel and deployment planning of your employees in coordination with the trades involved and the project management.
- You structure the workflows and processes in your area of responsibility in such a way that the division of labor within your team and with interface partners and service providers is efficient and flexible.
- You independently seek familiarization with the technical topics of your team in order to find the best solution for the processing of the projects and to be able to design the technical roadmap. In addition to their disciplinary function, they are thus also a technically competent knowledge carrier and mediator in your team and in the engineering organization.
- You will help shape processes in the environment of software development for the control software and the safety-relevant functions contained therein.
- You will be involved in commenting on offers and estimating the costs for these within your area of responsibility.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a university degree (master's/diploma) in an engineering discipline.
- You have many years of experience in the field of engineering for rail transport technology or in the international plant business.
- You have several years of experience in technical employee management, disciplinary management experience is desirable.
- Ideally, you already have knowledge of the Siemens railroad automation system (SIBAS).
- You are familiar with the processes for software development according to EN50657 and EN50128, in particular for safety-relevant functions.
- You speak fluent and business fluent German and English.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either