Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as a Senior Engineering Manager where you will be working from our office in Budapest, Hungary. We consider a mix of working remotely from home and meeting with the team in the office.
The role of the Engineering Manager requires a combination of development experience, direct customer interface experience, and leadership competencies that include organizational change, coaching, leadership, and team development. We seek a person who can integrate these skill sets to address the demands of this functional group in support of the development and project delivery processes. You will show an understanding of the motivational, developmental and cultural needs of a highly technical and diverse workforce. You will be required to implement solutions that support the overall business objectives.
· Promote engineering and product vision to your team and colleagues.
· Own delivery and quality for large-scale software projects that span multiple products.
· Lead an organization of software developers, scrum masters, and architects.
· Provide quarterly performance feedback and take care of systematic issues as they arise.
· Be an exemplar of change across the organization.
· Handle your time effectively
· Extensive experience leading development teams as a professional scrum master, team leader, or manager
· Proven experience leading managers or team leaders
· Strong critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
· Experience with different software development techniques (agile, lean, etc.)
· Strong understanding of modern software development practices - TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pair programming, etc.
· Experience with industry product development in Java
· Courage, honesty, commitment, respect, and openness will be needed in this role.
· Admin level experience with Jira and Confluence
· Highly developed skills and experience in software project management practices
What do we offer?
· Technically challenging tasks of the present automotive industry
· Superior workplace and friendly environment
· Cafeteria (Life and Health insurance, Voluntary Pension Fund, SZEP card)
· Mobile phone
· Parking (car, motorcycle, cycle)
· Flexible working time
· Good balance of working from the office and from home
· Competitive salary, benefits, and Siemens Software Bonus Plan
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package that includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, pension, and active support working from home.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Kft.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time