Indirect Material Commodity Manager – Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare?
Siemens Healthineers has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Indirect Commodity Manager to join our growing and innovative business in Oxfordshire, producing super-conducting magnets for use in MRI scanners. This full-time indirect commodity management role offers excellent benefits, including the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
Siemens Healthineers is currently in the early stages of developing a new world-class purpose-built 45,000m2 facility in Oxfordshire, and we are looking to expand our current on-site indirect procurement capacity. As a flexible Indirect Commodity Manager, you will provide the procurement support for this new facility project and ongoing requirements, encouraging the best value whilst achieving the required quality and satisfying the various stakeholders.
As an Indirect Commodity Manager, you will be involved in categories including high value CAPEX manufacturing equipment to the services relating to the sub-contracting of the facilities such as catering, security, cleaning etc.
To give you an idea of how this Indirect Commodity Manager role would look and feel, here are some things you could expect to do:
- Perform all aspects of supplier management, including supplier identification, selection, and approval within the required framework to deliver a robust supplier portfolio
- Manage supplier performance, risk evaluations and development to maintain a robust supply chain
- Define and implement tendering concepts and strategies to maximise savings
- Manage globally sourced indirect materials and services, fostering cross-functional alignment within the business to ensure a best-in-class supply chain
- Control and report the global spend transparency through compliant reporting of the responsible commodities to all identified stakeholders
This indirect commodity role would be well suited to someone with proven experience in the contractual management and procurement of indirect materials and services related to a manufacturing facility or someone with the passion and enthusiasm to take the next step in their procurement career development. Additional requirements include:
- Degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Industry experience within a related component manufacturing business
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- Significant work-based experience, preferably with some years of experience in a procurement-based role
- Evidence of developing and implementing procurement strategies to benefit business performance
Benefits of this role:
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package, including a subsidised restaurant, a free on-site gym, excellent pension contributions of up to 10%, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits.
To learn more and apply for this Indirect Commodity Manager job in Oxford, please get in touch with Siemens Healthineers today.
Being part of our team
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time