Junior Proposal Manager
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) is seeking a self-driven individual to complement our team as a Junior Proposal Manager for this dynamic and rapidly changing organization. This remote position is part of a cross-functional team and reports to the Director of Proposal Management. Some travel may be required.
As a Jr. Proposal Manager, you will work with Account Management Executives, Project Developers, Engineers, Operations, SMEs, Contracts, Pricing, and HR staff members in managing, developing, and shaping the proposal strategy in terms of identifying competitive differentiators, defining the flow, and organization of the proposal to create the storyline for a winning proposal. You will coordinate proposal preparation activities as a working manager and are responsible for a timely submission that is not just compliant but captures the essence of the customer’s requirements.
- Review task order responses to ensure responsiveness to requirements, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, quality, and effective format
- Identify gaps in proposal requirements and work with team to address gaps for a compliant response
- Develop template / outline for task order and proposal responses based on government requirements
- Edit/proofread completed proposals for consistency and quality, including compelling content, grammar, spelling, and graphical layout
- Manage proposal planning and scheduling as well as reviews and status meetings
- Create pre-proposal artifacts such as the compliance checklist, schedule, contact list, writer’s package, etc.
- Assist with coordinating, managing, and producing proposals
- Help organize and lead a proposal team consisting of internal personnel and external partners
- Monitor and manage proposal compliance with government instructions and deadlines
- Responsible for timeliness and quality control of proposals
- Collaborate with and monitor progression of associated tasks and other internal departments including Contracts and Pricing to ensure terms and conditions are appropriately addressed
- Research and gather data, proposal artifact re-use, and assistance with appropriate use of graphics and non-prose communications techniques
- Support development of proposal resource library (both text and visual aids)
Required and Preferred Position Qualifications
- Minimum two years relevant experience as a Proposal Coordinator or Associate/Junior Proposal Manager or proposal related role which included project and team support
- AA in the liberal arts or related field preferred; however, will consider work experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends (if necessary) in support of proposal schedules and work under and meet tight schedules
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and collaborating effectively with others
- Acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge/experience with MS Office, SharePoint, Teams, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong and flexible work ethic
Must be U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain a federal government security clearance, if later required.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.