Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Are you ready to analyze building automation data while working alongside energy supply analysts and software developers to optimize data operations processes? As a Data Operations Analyst you will use internally developed software to manage more than 2 billion monthly data readings from connected sensors and meters across North America. Analysts also work closely with software developers to define requirements necessary to increase the efficiency and efficacy of software they use on a daily basis.
- Analyze weekly sensor and meter data for errors and compile data summaries into intelligence reports
- Manage customer metadata to ensure accurate service delivery
- Document overall trends in data quality and proposes informed solutions to reduce errors, increase efficiency through automation, and track emerging issues
- Meet with Data Operations software developers to identify bugs and define new requirements for software improvements
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge required
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with business intelligence and/or data visualization methodologies (Navigator, or a comparable BI platform such as Tableau or PowerBI)
- Proficient with data visualization software and using data to tell a story.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 1+ year of experience with energy-related data and other building systems
- 1+ year of experience with data auditing, preferably with large datasets
- Familiarity with basic coding principles (conditional logic, variables, loops)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.