Chief OHS&E Manager (Safety Manager) - Metro Electrification Project
Chennai | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines, Customer, and organization requirements
- Implementation & monitoring of EHS Management System according to International Standards (ISO14001 & ISO 45001). Implementation of Corporate Systems & Procedures at Project sites
- including customer requirements (contractual).
- Implementation of EHS Policy, guidelines, procedures & compliance to legal requirements to establish a real culture of Environment, Health and Safety etc. Provide clear, complete & binding
- instructions, as applicable.
- Participating in EHS core team meetings in identifying aspects & hazards at the workplace/facilities and establish control measures. Guiding & training site personnel in implementing them.
- Selection, evaluation & performance monitoring of on-site contractors including a system of penalties & incentives.
- Identify training needs, plan and organize training programmes on EHS at different levels and Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Contributes to internal and external EHS audits- plan and conduct EHS audits at the project site & take corrective/preventive actions promptly.
- Identify near misses, unsafe acts & unsafe conditions and ensure corrective /preventive actions as approved by core EHS team.
- Incident/ Accident communication (escalation), investigation, analysis & recommendation of corrective & preventive actions to the Project Manager, Project Team, BU EHS Officer and
- Strategic EHS Officer.
- Ensure use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) as required based on nature of work and Ensure availability of all safety gadgets in the project sites.
- Analyses and monitors adherence to EHS standards in assigned organizations and prepares regular EHS reporting.
- Coordination with internal & external partners on EHS topic.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the requirements
- Work in partnership with senior and site management to develop and implement strategies, policies and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks
- Prepare and update EHS Legal register.
- Analyses and reports on changes in relevant EHS laws and regulations and recommend changes for internal standards.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have a minimum 15 years of experience in Metro/Rail electrification (OHE - FOCS and ROCS) will be an added advantage Management M.E/M.Tech in Industrial Safety/B.E. in Fire and Safety Engg.
- A recognized degree in any branch of engineering from recognized university with a Minimum one-year Full Time PG Diploma /Diploma from Central labour institute / Regional Labour Institute Mumbai / Chennai / Kolkata / Kanpur Diploma in Safety Engineering from State Board of Technical Education
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Chennai. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time